In this section
Mastering Medicines Course
This workshop aims to increase the knowledge of safety and good practice regarding farm medicines. We also aim to increase the understanding of the different types of medicines and their specific use on farms in relation to common diseases.
- Safely administer veterinary medicines to animals under your care
- Store and maintain medicines on farm in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements
- Record on farm medicine usage in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements
- Describe the difference between vaccines and treatments and the different legislative classes
- Describe the basic differences that exist between different classes of antibiotic and the need for veterinary guidance for their use
- Understand the actions of an NSAID and when they should be used
- Understand how an active health plan ensures effective product use.
Appropriate use of medicines will also cut medicine bills and increase farm productivity. The workshops run regularly; please Contact Us for details of the next event and to book your slot.
Upcoming Mastering Medicine courses:
13th February @1.30pm FULL
19TH March @1.30pm