In this section
This is in addition to other control strategies instigated by Welsh Government (such as yearly testing in Wales). Practising vets such as ourselves play a key advisory role.
- Practical support and advice to cattle keepers suffering a TB breakdown
- Longer term support and on going reviews for persistent TB breakdowns
- “Exit advice” when TB restrictions are lifted
- Biosecurity advice to officially TB Free (OTF) herds
- To minimise the impact of a TB breakdown
- To clear up TB breakdowns efficiently
- To prevent new breakdowns
- To support the TB eradication programme in Wales
There has been a successful pilot scheme, and now the roll–out across Wales has begun.