In this section
Calf Health Workshops
This course concentrates on the calf from birth to weaning, though relevant aspects of everything – from dam health to target ages for calving – are covered. Trainees are enabled to plan and prepare for successful heifer production, conduct basic first aid in the neonatal calf and provide appropriate management to ensure maximum survival rates.
- Produce a plan from birth to calving
- Assess the body condition of the dam
- Know how best to set up and run a calving system
- Evaluate a calf’s airways, breathing and circulation
- List the major roles of colostrum: energy, warmth, laxative and passive transfer
- Know the correct amount and time frame for colostrum intake
- Know how to administer supplementary colostrum safely
For further information, or to enroll on the next course, please Contact Us.