What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you voluntarily enquire/order our products and services, as follows:
If you choose to make an enquiry about our products or services, we collect the following personally identifiable information:
- E-mail address
- Telephone Number
The lawful basis for processing your information is by contract or your consent depending on the nature of your enquiry.
This information is not shared with anyone outside our company.
When placing an order
If you choose to order our products or services, we collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
The lawful basis for processing the above information is by contract.
How will we use your data
- We collect information about you to deliver the services you have requested and occasionally to inform you of other products or services available from us.
- We do not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside Fenton Vets.
- We do not collect sensitive personal information such as race, religion, political affiliations or bank/credit card details.
- We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith and belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Fenton Vets or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Fenton Vets; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Fenton Vets, or the public.
We collect and process information so we can carry out our responsibilities in animal health, animal welfare, disease monitoring, public health, conservation and compliance with marketing regulations.
- We may use your data for the following:
- Investigate and report positive results for notifiable or reportable disease
- Monitor the possible spread of disease and inform risk assessments
- Consultations/visits/inspections required to protect animals and animal welfare
- Develop disease control measures
- Inform the Veterinary Medicines Directorate of a suspected adverse reaction to a pharmaceutical product
- Produce guidance and reports
- Client research to improve our services
- Dealing with legal claims against us and fraud prevention
- Use of IT servicing of data systems
- Ensuring our administrative and IT systems are secure and robust against unauthorised access
- Maintaining up-to-date personal data to ensure effective correspondence and contact points in the event of an emergency
Personal data may be made available to local authorities and other public bodies in the UK and EU to meet legal requirements
We may share data with Defra, Iechyd Da, Vet Impress and Welsh Lamb & Beef Producers, RSPCA, other Charities to include Cats Protection League, Dogs Trust, Blue Cross, Xl Vets, Local Government and other organisations/bodies, manufacturers and enforcement authorities.
We may have to release information (including personal data and commercial information under the following legislation:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
However, we will not allow any unwarranted breach of confidentiality and we will not act in contravention of our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may occasionally email you regarding products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes and if you no longer wish to be contacted, please email email@example.com with the subject "Unsubscribe me".
Access to your information and correction or deletion
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of the personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at this address: Fenton Veterinary Practice Limited, 21 Portfield, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 1BN
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate or remove your information and we have a legal responsibility make any changes for you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information. Cookies cannot be used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our websites or other websites you visit.
How do we secure your information?
We secure your personally identifiable information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
How to contact us
E-mail to: email@example.com
Or write to Fenton Veterinary Practice Limited, 21 Portfield, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 1BN