Terms of Business (Small Animal)
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
»We will provide you with the highest quality service, and your animals with the highest standard of treatment and care.«
- All fees are subject to VAT at the current rate ('!').
- Fees are determined on a case by case basis and are determined by the nature of the condition, drugs and materials used.
- Written estimates are provided for all procedures and itemised invoices provided on completion of all procedures/treatments. Due to the nature of our work costs can increase if unforeseen circumstances arise or the treatment requires further investigation. We will always try to contact you to discuss any change to the agreed treatment, plan or costs.
- Detailed invoices can also be provided for all cases on request.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- We ask that your account is settled in full at the end of each consultation, on discharge of your pet, or on collection of food or medication.
- You may settle your account by cash, cheque (with a guarantee card), or credit/debit card (Switch, Solo, Delta, Mastercard or Visa).
- If for any reason your account has not been settled, you will be issued a reminder at the end of the month. Should the account remain unpaid, further invoices will be sent which will incur an administration charge. Overdue accounts will the passed to a debt collection service, which will incur considerable further cost to you.
- If you think you will be unable to pay your bill, please inform a member of staff as soon as possible.You may ask to speak to a member of staff in private if you prefer not to discuss this in reception.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- We welcome feedback – good or bad! Please let us know what you think, to help us continue to improve our service to you. You can leave feedback by letter, on our website at www.fentonvets.co.uk, or in our feedback box at reception.
- If you are dissatisfied with our service, please make your complaint known to the practice manager. Any written letters of complaint will be acknowledged within five working days.
- We will never pass on your personal details to a third party, or discuss your pets details with anyone unless you have given your consent.
- If your pet is referred to a specialist then your pets history and any tests results or x-rays will be passed on with your permission. Your clinical records including any x-rays remain the property of The Fenton Veterinary Practice.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- By registering you agree to the terms and conditions of business.
- We require a clinical history check from previous vets for new clients. It is a condition of registration that you consent to a financial reference being provided from previous veterinary practices, and consent to the disclosure of this information. Unsatisfactory references may result in your registration being declined. Please ensure you allow enough time for us to obtain your history and reference before making an appointment.
- Our catchment area includes Haverfordwest, St Davids, Fishguard, Narbeth, Milford Haven and Pembroke.
- We do occasionally take on clients from further afield, however please be aware that we would not be able to carry out house visits outside these areas (see House visits).
- We would strongly recommend that if you are outside our area, that you plan to make alternative arrangements for visits should your pet be unable to travel.
- The best facilities for treatment of your pet are in the veterinary surgery. We recommend that in most occasions you bring your pet to the surgery for examination and treatment. However, there are occasionally circumstances when home attendance may be more appropriate. Please call us to discuss this, if you think this is the case.
- If you request a home visit, we appreciate as much notice as possible to help us accommodate your request.
This is particularly important if you live some distance from the practice.
- Visiting pets at home takes much longer than at the surgery. We respectfully advise that home visits are more costly for this reason.
PET HEALTH CLUB
- Membership runs for twelve months from the date of joining. Subscriptions are collected by monthly Direct Debit. Subscriptions prices are reviewed at the renewal date at the end of the twelve month period. The amount payable may change in subsequent years to take account of body weight changes (dogs only) or plan price changes(all pets).
- We will arrange to inform you in writing of your approaching renewal, and will inform you in writing of any proposed price changes. The Fenton Veterinary Practice reserves the right to alter the specific products supplied to members to take account of new products available.
- In the event membership is cancelled before the end of a twelve month period, The Fenton Veterinary Practice reserves the right to invoice the owner for the full cost of all goods and services supplied in that part year.
- Members discount entitlements are not transferable to other pets or persons. Membership benefits apply to the individual animal only.
- Pet Health Club is for routine vaccination & anti-parasitic treatment and biannual health checks. It is not pet insurance. We strongly recommend and support pet insurance.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND
- Existing clients may 'recommend a friend' using 'flyers' available in reception or dowloaded from our website.
- The introduced friend must be a new client to the practice.
- Vouchers will be sent upon the introduced client making their first transaction with The Fenton Veterinary Practice.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, and valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Vouchers may be redeemmed for the purchase of all goods & services at The Fenton Veterinary Practice.
- Vouchers may only be redeemed against accounts used in line with our normal 'Terms of Business'.